Each year, Full Members, Fellows, and Emeritus Fellows in good standing may nominate worthy candidates for Society Awards. Nominees are not required to be members of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society. Candidates for the award may self-nominate or ask colleagues to submit nominations on their behalf.
Award nominations are invited for individuals whose contributions merit special recognition. The eight awards for which nominees are sought are:
• Hal W. Hendrick Distinguished International Colleague Award
• Paul M. Fitts Education Award
• A.R. Lauer Safety Award
• Alexander C. Williams, Jr., Design Award
• Jack A. Kraft Innovator Award
• Oliver Keith Hansen Outreach Award
• The William C. Howell Young Investigator Award
• The Bentzi Karsh Early-Career Service Award
Nominees are not required to be HFES members but only members of HFES may submit nominations. The nomination submission deadline for each award above is 11:59 p.m. EST on Thursday, March 31, 2022.
For full information concerning the HFES Awards program, view this page.